Monday, November 23, 2015

An Awakened Advent Season - Sunday's Sermon

Wake up!

I can hear the voice and volume of my parents reminding me to get up for school daily.

Advent is like that.  It is about the "coming" of Jesus at his Nativity, December 25th.  And, like preparing for school - waking up - I want to be ready.  Do I!

The hour is urgent each day as one wakes up to news that is far from good these days.  The hope that Jesus offers each of us merit waking up for this moment.  The alternative is to walk about numb as over 40 million U.S. residents do daily in addiction, studies show.

Advent is about John the Baptist calling us to repent and turn our hearts fully around.

Repenting reminds me of the story of the painter who waters down the paint that fails to stick for long.
A voice reminds him to "repaint" and to "thin" no more!

Like each of us this trek through Advent.

Awakening to the like of evergreen hope, or...?

No comments:

Post a Comment